HCR ManorCare - Great team work | Glassdoor

"Great team work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone works together and helps each other with support.

Cons

Management doesn't spend time with the underdog. Worried about their bottom line and numbers,not their staff. No support! Hire many unexperienced staff and then when things are tough, they want only skilled experienced staff, leaving current staff pressed to pick up for holes.

Advice to Management

Instead of telling your staff "It's what the patient needs" start telling them "it's not in the budget" We're tired of hearing it

Other Employee Reviews for HCR ManorCare

"Exhausting"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lebanon, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Lebanon, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employment to pay the bills. Can purchase health insurance, life insurance etc through them. CPR training paid by company. Can order the required colored uniforms less expensively through them

Cons

Chronically understaffed.Rapid turnover of staff. Chronically admitting high acuity patients and behavioral patients that they are not staffed to give proper care to. Chronically unable to find supplies required to do job properly. Leave orientates on floors alone to fill in gaps frequently. Do not properly train staff. Cannot request vacation between Thanksgiving and New Years. Rare to get approved for requested vacations. Find you own coverage if you want vacation on the weekends. No team work. No concern from upper management towards lower staff.Voiced concerns are met with "Get used to it" or "If I hear anyone say we are understaffed they will taken out back and beaten".

Advice to Management

Mandate your RN supervisors to work the floors at least once a month so they have any idea what is required to make it function well. Mandate your 6-10 day shift RN supers to stay over to fill in gaps in the schedule or call offs instead of forcing shifts to work short, forcing the lone second or third shift RN super to work a floor and take care of the whole house or leave untrained, unsafe orientates alone on floors, especially nurse's. The patient's deserve at least that much from you.

2. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at HCR ManorCare as an intern

Pros

As a student this was a great internship opportunity that prepared me for my future.

Cons

There were quite a bit of changes going on with the kitchen when I was there. If patient's are not pleased with their food then it leads to a rough time.