HD Supply - HDssfff | Glassdoor

"HDssfff"

Pros

It's a tight community within the organization.

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, low 401k employer contributions

Other Employee Reviews for HD Supply

"Very poor communication during interview process."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at HD Supply (Less than a year)

Pros

Seemed like a stable place to work. While understanding more about the company in the detailed interviews, they have good programs for the employees and seem to look to improve in processes and procedures. The warehouse supervisor and associates I talked with during the interviewing process seemed happy and there looked to be inclusion at every level for ideas to improve the operation.

Cons

The initial interviewing process went very well. However, though my first interview was 4 hours long, the manager took me through a complete tour of the facility and I met many associates, he even eluded to having had hired previous managers that were on interviews that long, I was called back for a face to face with the director. I was told I was one of the top candidate if not the top candidate. After the face to face with the director I never heard back from them. Not even to let me know they were passing me up. I don't expect a reason, but this was very unprofessional. I called the manager, he was very open and candid with me during the process and I felt I have known him for years, and left a couple of messages over a 3 week period. I even called the HR rep that spoke very highly of me and left her a message. No response whatsoever. In the end I am happy I was not called in as with that amount of unprofessionalism from the manager and HR, I would not want to work with them.

Advice to Management

Remain consistent in the interviewing process and keep the communication open. You never know when you may be working for one of the interviewees or if they will ever be a customer of your company.

"Solid company to work for, but very conservative in terms of risk taking"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very focused on employee training & work/life balance

Cons

Too many security hurdles to jump through just to do your day to day work