HFL - Hard work, great people and an amazing learning experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HFL

"Hard work, great people and an amazing learning experience"

Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team atmosphere is unlike one you'll find at any other company. I've been an athlete most of my life and my teammates were always my favorite part about sports; the people who work here are the closest I'll ever get to working with my teammates in the "real world".

You learn a lot really quickly here, personally and professionally. Everyone is supportive and wants to see you succeed. There's tons of opportunity for growth if you're willing to work for it.

Cons

A lot of sales is mental and based on attitude; a good day can go sour quickly if you let it, which can be tough. Part of the learning experience is understanding how to stay positive and control your attitude in order to be productive each day. While that's hard when you're in it, it's awesome to see yourself improve in that respect.

Other Employee Reviews for HFL

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Walmart Salesperson in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Walmart Salesperson in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers are awesome thats the only pro.

Cons

From day one you are scammed by this sad excuse for a company. They try to say the position is one thing but it actually is just a salesperson in Walmart. You work 8 hours a day in Walmart, disturbing people and asking them to sign up for directv. You feel like a failure working in this job. It really gets to you having to bug every person that walks by your table. Before you go to walmart everyday, you meet in the office for 2 hours. There the senior employees try and teach you how to sell more. But the fact of the matter is that you cannot make someone buy something they dont want. Especially when you are irritating them while their trying to shop. The business model of this company is atrocious and essentially a pyramid scheme. You are promoted based on the number of people that you have on your team. The more people you hire, the higher you will be promoted. For every person you sign up in Walmart for directv you make $150. This seems great but in actuality you dont get paid that unless the customer has it installed. And you only get paid after the installation date. Most days you will not get a sale. And there is nothing that you do about it no matter how hard they try to push their sneaky lies that they tell you to say to the customers.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming your applicants and tell them the ACTUAL job. But you cant because nobody would apply. Run as fast as you can from this position.

2. "I am a former employee, great experience"

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at HFL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HFL, Inc was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about business while there and worked around a lot of motivated individuals. I left because I was accepted into a program to go back to school out of state.

Cons

You do work weekends, days off are during the week.

Advice to Management

There is a good opportunity to advance, they have a management in training program and only promote from within their company.