HL GROUP PARTNERS - Intern Experience | Glassdoor

"Intern Experience"

Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at HL GROUP PARTNERS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The accounts they have are top-notch names in the fashion business. Flexible work schedule. Semi-casual work environment. You get to go the Fashion Week. Some of the people here are really nice. They buy cupcakes for the office like every other week. You observe (notice my choice of word) the basics such as how PR interacts with the media and how they secure placements.

Cons

You never really get PR experience such as writing a press release or the like. Even if it never saw the day of light, it would be appreciated if someone saw it and gave pointers.

Some senior level management won't even acknowledge your existence. Fair enough, I'm an intern but if someone says "Good Morning" to you in an elevator, I think it's common courtesy to reply or at least smile back. Am I wrong for thinking that?

Advice to Management

Create workshops for interns. We don't just want to be expert shoe packers or wizards at organizing the fashion closet. If you taught us more and gave us more responsibility, we could take a considerable load off the account coordinators because God knows they could use a break once in a while.

Other Employee Reviews for HL GROUP PARTNERS

1. "Fun, fast paced community of committed professionals"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at HL GROUP PARTNERS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are constantly learning from one another and generating innovative and exciting ideas for clients. The agency is responsible for the growth and success of many top names in both the fashion and lifestyle space.

Cons

Minimal communication between top executives and junior employees. The agency keeps conversations about employee and client turnover very quiet internally.

2. "Horrible and negative place to work"

Former Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Coffee in the morning. This place was not a positive, challenging, or exciting place to work. No one was happy there, many spoke about others behind their backs to advance.

Cons

Negative place to work. Boring and relatively an embarrassment in PR. HR also doubles as the finance team, like they do in many small companies. When I was being bothered at work by someone on the finance team I went to HR (aka finance) I was completely ignored and told I was unjustified in my observances and feelings. I also ever got paid for 2 weeks of work. Still waiting on it to this day. Company was very obviously cheap and didn't want to spend money on their employees and making them happy.

Advice to Management

Get an HR team. Spend money & improve company morale. It might be smart to listen to what your employees have to say, if anything, not to get sued.