HL GROUP PARTNERS - Freelancer | Glassdoor

"Freelancer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at HL GROUP PARTNERS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to work under the friendliest account coordinator in the company. My colleagues, not so lucky.

Cons

This place is like a sorority house. High turnover rate, people are not friendly, tasks that are given were never explained thoroughly... And god forbid you ask an account coordinator a question.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Other Employee Reviews for HL GROUP PARTNERS

"Avoid At All Costs"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HL GROUP PARTNERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely None. Bad coffee that's free.

Cons

Talentless, unprincipled, spiteful, clueless, there are probably managers in exploitative, menial factories in 3rd world countries that have better management skills and care more about their employees.

This place an embarrassment in PR/Branding. All they talk about is pathetic blogger relationships. You will be overloaded with lousy projects with terrible timelines and management plus no support from the firm. Turnover is massive. The people who realize how terrible this place is leave as soon as possible. The lucky ones get sacked. The unlucky ones continue to toil away. Absolutely atrocious senior leadership with no idea how to cultivate employees or run a company. Turnover has been exceedingly high, with a few people leaving every month. Stay away, and do not believe the glossy exterior that will be portrayed to you in any interviews.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are your best asset. Putting people down to make yourself feel important doesn't inspire great work. I am surprised that the company is still in business.

2. "Bad internship"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at HL GROUP PARTNERS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have some top accounts and you get to attend fashion week.

Cons

From the moment I began, I noticed a very high turnover rate...this definitely had me curious. Bottom line: it is not an enjoyable work environment nor a LEARNING experience. When you arent doing highly administrative tasks you are in the closet dealing with a mess. If only their clients saw how garments are treated. People are very snobby, a lot of their coordinators are completely incompetant and you will see many burst into tears on the job...yikes.

Advice to Management

BE NICE to your interns. We are people too.