HMB - Unique Company | Glassdoor
  1. "Unique Company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Westerville, OH

I have been working at HMB full-time

Pros

You're going to succeed or fail here on your own merits. Great pay, competitive benefits. Lots of freedom, lots of independence

Cons

Sometimes confusing business structure (some kind of matrix that isn't clear to me) Need to work on modernizing internally facing systems

HMB2016-09-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Really Enjoyed Working Here"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at HMB full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The company has a "family" feel and everyone is very helpful to each other. I never felt like I didn't have support or the tools I needed to do my job. - The CEO and CFO are really nice people and don't treat you like your a subordinate. I never felt like I couldn't approach them about anything. - There is a lot of engagement between the main office and the client-site employees. I never felt like I wasn't part of the company when i was on client sites for months. - They have fun company-sponsored events that allow you to mingle with other employees you don't work with everyday. - They offer a gadgets for geeks program where they help pay for personal electronics.

Cons

- Maternity leave is 6 weeks which is not above standard.

HMB2019-12-20
  2. "Management is a mess"

Former Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at HMB full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do hold a lot of events for their employees. They pay for training (textbooks and certification exam fees).

Cons

No one in a leadership position leads by example. They think bullying and talking down to their employees is an effective way to run the business. If you have any questions about anything or you misunderstood something, they will hold it against you. But then criticize for not asking questions. Management also fails at setting clear expectations and direction. Feedback is almost always negative.

Advice to Management

Hold your leaders to the same standards as you do your consultants in the field.

HMB2019-12-09

Discover more reviews about HMB.