HMS Holdings - Business Analyst | Glassdoor

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of PTO for employees that have been there for awhile, ability to work remotely when needed, training classes are made available, if you know who to talk to or where to look.

Cons

Siloed work mentality, pay is not competitive, high attrition rate and not enough 'bench strength' to fill the positions so the work gets piled on to the employees that already have too much on their plate. The forecasting process is a joke and recast is even worse, the numbers are unrealistic.

Advice to Management

I think you are trying to change the ways of how things are done but it's an uphill battle. We grew too fast and did not keep up with our technologies. Also, you may want to reevaluate your payscales for positions. You are losing a lot of seasoned employees to similar jobs where they are getting 10-15k more for less work.

Other Employee Reviews for HMS Holdings

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time

Pros

Nice people
    Market Leader in Medicaid

Cons

The company is a rudderless ship and have not adjusted to changing times. Very old technology (we're still on Lotus Notes!) combined with a Medicaid agency mindset will stifle this company's growth. Don't believe a word that Management tells you. VERY siloed organization with little communication either vertically or horizontally. Want to bury their head in the sand and keep doing the same thing in the same ways rather than seek new and different approaches.

Advice to Management

Bring in some fresh blood instead of the same 15-20 year survivors. Sometimes, new ideas can help.

"This company does not care about its employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at HMS Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. I can't really think of anything else to say on a positive note.

Cons

Need to improve their Leadership Pool.

Advice to Management

Should provide employees with the tools needed to be able to perform their jobs. And, they definitely need to have a good management training in place. You want to get the most out of employees, then they should be able to trust the company for which they work.