HMS Holdings - Helath Management Systems (HMS) does not have a consistent business strategy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HMS Holdings

"Helath Management Systems (HMS) does not have a consistent business strategy."

Former Employee - Regional Director in Westerville, OH
Former Employee - Regional Director in Westerville, OH

Pros

HMS has experienced double digit growth and the market fo rthis company appears to be strong for years to come.

Cons

Some HMS divisions do not have a consistent business strategy, infrastructure, or adequate leadership to support the services they offer.

Advice to Management

Do not try and save money utilizing unseasoned, inexperienced regional managers to provide LOB leadership and strategy.

Other Employee Reviews for HMS Holdings

"Don't forget that HR works for HMS"

Former Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX

Pros

They are growing and hiring. Since they leach off the problem caused by having many many companies providing health insurance, you can be assured that they'll be around a long time.

Cons

Everyone in my department was stressed out all the time - I mean sweating bullets. Information was kept secret from some people on the "team," which then hurt their performance. Everybody's numbers were dragged down, but certain people were then singled out as the culprits. That is no way to build "team" spirit.
    Paranoia and gossip was everywhere. Your supervisor would give you nothing to do, or crappy busy work for weeks at a time, then dump massive amounts of files to be done in a few days. The choice was to either do them badly, or be late, and it was a BFD if you were late.
    The CEO of the company makes a big deal about how management is supposed to listen to the people who actually do the work, but management punishes you if you try. When I asked my supervisor if I could take some training being offered, I couldn't get approval. My file never even showed that I tried several times. And good luck trying to keep track of every ball your supervisor drops on email: I actually saw where an email was altered by a supervisor to make it look different from what it originally was in order to deflect blame.
    A lot of people work remotely in this company, and they get treated worst of all because it is easy to isolate those people. They like to spend lost of money on flying people all over the country, but asking for a new installation of software is impossible.
    Don't try and make any suggestions here. Just keep your head down.

Advice to Management

After I left, I got a better and more creative job for $15K more, and have been able to take several courses to upgrade my skills. Maybe if upper management kept a closer watch on middle management, this place would run better.

2. "i like working at hms holdings"

Current Employee - Credit Balance Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Credit Balance Auditor in New York, NY

Pros

the pay is average to work there.

Cons

the travel reimbursement could be better

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure what to write. I'm just starting out at this company and was trying to find information on the employer.