HMSHost - Amazing! All the years I spend there help me grow in a professional and personal way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

"Amazing! All the years I spend there help me grow in a professional and personal way."

Former Employee - Waitress in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Waitress in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Is a very organized company. They have rules and policies that you have to follow, and that help you to grow withing the company. Also, the training process that they use is very help full too; they make sure that their employees are prepare for every situation that they might face on a daily basis.

Cons

They need to improve their security on their cash rooms. I believe that's very important and i think that's the only bad thing.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, take the time to get to know them, so when something happen you can stand by their side, at the end we are a team, right?

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

1. "Fair, efficient, growing company."

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Starbucks Barista in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat you fairly, if you feel something is not right they will handle it right away.

Cons

They can delay on requests quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

2. "Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Waitress in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Waitress in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HMSHost full-time

Pros

It's a job that's the only pro

Cons

The management treats you like every employee is a thief. They make the rules up as they go along. Depending on what manager you are working with will depend on what "rules" are enforced, and other manger will actually write you up for following other managers "rules". They have a points system for calling out, no matter why you call out you get points even if you are in the hospital they will give you point. Once you get to 15 points they will fire you. Also management will give you points for not using a tray to bring food to your tables even if you can't loft the tray due to a medical condition. Managers yell at you in front of guests, they are extremely sexist and they make it a very hostile place to work.

Advice to Management

STOP treating your employees like thieves, not everyone is trying to steal. STOP playing favorites. Start treating your employees with respect and you will actually have less employee turn over.