HMSHost - Director | Glassdoor

"Director"

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good company to work for - many emloyees have been with the company for 20 plus years. Very stable work environment - great benefits.

Cons

Can't think of any issues - wish we were busier at times...

Advice to Management

keep what you're doing - you are on the right track...

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

1. "I cried everyday since the day I started"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a lot to learn for sure

Cons

Highly, highly disorganized and unprofessional, people can't talk to you nicely, literally rude including other managers.
     Wants you to be a mind reader
    you have no life, your blood pressure will stay high because training doesn't exist
    you are figuring out everything from the bottom
    Any questions I have asked I never got answers but lectures yes!!! and made me feel stupid yes!!!
     Doesn't train you on day one but loves to complain about how you are so slow and you need to keep up with things, they want you to be superman on day 1
     Place where I work is always a mess which is done by my manager, cannot keep the place clean,
    told me to clean it I cleaned then minute later there was a big mess .what a waste
     manager tells me there are so many people to help me but when somebody offers me to help didn't like it. a bit
    haven't been here for long time but already thinking of quitting. I have no clue what was I thinking when I applied for this job
    Managers say something but doesn't follow their own advice
    I never worked for a company which is so unorganized, rude, and unprofessional
    this is just few things. List goes on and on

Advice to Management

I have no advice for them

"I hate working here"

Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My restaurant is a new one and has great food and a wonderful concept. I love my co-workers as well. The benefits are fairly decent, too.

Cons

The management is on a constant power trip. Your worth is based on seniority and it breeds laziness. The hourly managers favorite saying is " that's not in my pay grade" but they don't try to solve the issue. The head of HR never returns phone calls and and he'll get back to you by email in a day or two. Everyone in this company is absolutely so unapproachable. This is literally the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

In orientation, they made it sound as if this was a company you'd be proud to work for. I'd challenge them to prove it. Listen to what this staff is saying. The morale at Chelseas Kitchen is so incredibly low due to problems with these idiot managers.