HMSHost - I hate working here | Glassdoor

"I hate working here"

Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My restaurant is a new one and has great food and a wonderful concept. I love my co-workers as well. The benefits are fairly decent, too.

Cons

The management is on a constant power trip. Your worth is based on seniority and it breeds laziness. The hourly managers favorite saying is " that's not in my pay grade" but they don't try to solve the issue. The head of HR never returns phone calls and and he'll get back to you by email in a day or two. Everyone in this company is absolutely so unapproachable. This is literally the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

In orientation, they made it sound as if this was a company you'd be proud to work for. I'd challenge them to prove it. Listen to what this staff is saying. The morale at Chelseas Kitchen is so incredibly low due to problems with these idiot managers.

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

"It is okay but not a good place to work if you plan on moving up in the company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Concord, NC

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being multi-unit there is always something to do or a store you can work in, so you are never bored. The pay is better than street side stores

Cons

No benefits, no room for growth, management is detached from the hourly employees

Advice to Management

Listen to the associates, work in the units, be hands on

2. "Consistent service and reliable job."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are rarely cut due to such a high demand for all year around business. Working in one of the world's busiest airport means you will always have a job.

Cons

The Parking situation for employees is Time Consuming because you will have to park at an employee parking lot ten minutes away from the airport. It just adds unnecessary time to your commute to and from home.

Advice to Management

Show Appreciation to Employees.