HMSHost - The one in Atlanta is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in my career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

"The one in Atlanta is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in my career."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to use any skills or prior training.

Cons

You aren't allowed to manage a company. You are put in a store and do as you are told. No thinking allowed.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers. You put them there for a reason.

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

1. "A Great Place To Leave"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Benefits are good. The pay is so- so. A lot of talent is attracted to this company.

Cons

The talent that comes to this company is wasted by weak leadership with standards of performance that greatly vary from person to person. Inconsistency is an understatement. Burnout is the rule. Management in any less than the most senior of roles is completely expendable.

Advice to Management

The rubber meets the road at your lower and middle managers. Treat them with the same courtesy and respect as the Senior Operations Directors and corporate people, and life would be better for all.

2. "I cried everyday since the day I started"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a lot to learn for sure

Cons

Highly, highly disorganized and unprofessional, people can't talk to you nicely, literally rude including other managers.
     Wants you to be a mind reader
    you have no life, your blood pressure will stay high because training doesn't exist
    you are figuring out everything from the bottom
    Any questions I have asked I never got answers but lectures yes!!! and made me feel stupid yes!!!
     Doesn't train you on day one but loves to complain about how you are so slow and you need to keep up with things, they want you to be superman on day 1
     Place where I work is always a mess which is done by my manager, cannot keep the place clean,
    told me to clean it I cleaned then minute later there was a big mess .what a waste
     manager tells me there are so many people to help me but when somebody offers me to help didn't like it. a bit
    haven't been here for long time but already thinking of quitting. I have no clue what was I thinking when I applied for this job
    Managers say something but doesn't follow their own advice
    I never worked for a company which is so unorganized, rude, and unprofessional
    this is just few things. List goes on and on

Advice to Management

I have no advice for them