HMSHost - NOPE | Glassdoor

"NOPE"

Former Employee - Barista in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Barista in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch. Chance to meet interesting travelers from around the globe.

Cons

Poor management. Favoritism. Lazy workers. All these factors can pile up and make your time miserable. HMS Host's caters at some of the nation's busiest airports, so management needs to step up and make sure that every employee is contributing, or else it will be hell for the people who are trying to do their job.

Advice to Management

Managers should push workers who are not fulfilling their duties.

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

"The worst company in the west"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good union insurance, free lunch

Cons

For the free lunch nothing under 1000 calories is offered, every management member seems to have a little man complex, as they are tyrants whom of which dont appriciate hard worker. Will literally take everything they can from you and fire you at the first oppurtunity unless you stand your ground and dont let managment teams bully you. Favoritism and racism is present not only amoungst managment teams but employees as well. The other day a girl got written up for running out of a product which of course she is not responsible for ordering, and doesnt have clearance to a store room to get more.

Advice to Management

Stop isolating and bullying individuals thar are here working just like you, keep the same standards for everyone including yourselves.

"The managing sucks in this company"

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Starbucks Barista in Miami, FL

I worked at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food if its less than $11 free airport parking

Cons

Horrible management, lazy co-workers, no team atmosphere and the most horrible HR I have ever been a part of and no tips

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking the issue if you want to make money make sure you know what is going on in the stores around you so you can see why workers complain or why sales are not getting done. I have work as a barista for less than a year here at the beginning everything was smooth I enjoyed my job then we started getting lazy coworkers new rules were being added that did not make sense. There where no managers to help us get voids done during peek hours and they penalized us for not leaving on time because they did not want to give us overtime and the worst part as a barista for Starbucks in hms host you were not allowed to get tips and if we did take the tips we could get fired but what I don't get is that the tips we get are mostly change from travelers who can't exchange the coins into foreign currency and sometimes they wanted to give us tips because they saw us working hard on a busy environment and we provided the customers with great service. It sickens me I never work so hard and been so dissatisfied at the workplace it brought my morale down and made me want to pursue another place.