HNTB - HNTB from a former employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HNTB

"HNTB from a former employee."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

The design professionals were very professional and knowledgeable. The location of headquarters was located in a vibrant part of Kansas City. Excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.

Cons

Employer match on 401k was very low. Annual employee review process was not taken seriously. Internal communication was poor -- for example, employees would be let go and no communication would be sent out to those who might need to know who was assuming that individual's responsibilities. Many internal surveys, but no results of the surveys sent out to employees.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be aware that the employees are their greatest resource and they should be treated with respect, rather than a source of slave labor.

Other Employee Reviews for HNTB

1. "Cutting edge technology at this employer that you pay for..."

Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO

Pros

We get the latest and greatest toys with in our data center, we have top level support with our vendors and an infrastructure group with an incredible knowlege base that allows our systems to be functioning at peak capacity.

My immediate coworkers are great to work with and we are able efficiently handle all issues with varying degress of complexity. The environment we are given is very fun while professional.

Cons

Unfortunately the communication between the technology groups is not very fluid at times which can lead to confusion when one group is not informed of what the other is doing. Also, my technology group is always expeceted to have the answers 100% of the time without making mistakes. If mistakes are made we hear about it from the people we support without much support (it feels) from management.

Advice to Management

Overall this is a great company to work for, but like any large company there are always politics involved.

2. "Don't Put All of Your Eggs in One Basket"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Above average pay
    Average health insurance
    Above average 401K and employee ownership options

Cons

Decentralized leadership structure is not appropriate for large project teams. This approach promotes confusion, rivalry, destroys moral and wastes project resources.

Professional development and training programs were not managed well.

Advice to Management

The execution and delivery of the design through construction documents and specifications is where to make or break the project. This is where reputations are won and lost. This is when clients finally decide if they like the company.