HNTB - Working at HNTB in Oakland | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HNTB

"Working at HNTB in Oakland"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Pros

There were no pros except free lunch during monthly all hands meetings. When they have meetings, they have lunch left-over. Location is near Bart.

Cons

This is a miserable place to work. Every minute of the work day is tracked. Every page sent to printer is tracked. Every page copied on a copy machine is tracked. All computers are outdated because they are rented. People are suspicious towards each other, spy on each other, and quietly report false information about their co-workers to management.. Management has no appreciation of anybody's work except their favorites. Management is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Change the entire environment. Encourage co-operation among employees instead of spite and envy. Appreciate your employees. Act proffesionaly with dignity. Be honest.

Other Employee Reviews for HNTB

1. "HNTB from a former employee."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

The design professionals were very professional and knowledgeable. The location of headquarters was located in a vibrant part of Kansas City. Excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.

Cons

Employer match on 401k was very low. Annual employee review process was not taken seriously. Internal communication was poor -- for example, employees would be let go and no communication would be sent out to those who might need to know who was assuming that individual's responsibilities. Many internal surveys, but no results of the surveys sent out to employees.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be aware that the employees are their greatest resource and they should be treated with respect, rather than a source of slave labor.

2. "Cutting edge technology at this employer that you pay for..."

Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO

Pros

We get the latest and greatest toys with in our data center, we have top level support with our vendors and an infrastructure group with an incredible knowlege base that allows our systems to be functioning at peak capacity.

My immediate coworkers are great to work with and we are able efficiently handle all issues with varying degress of complexity. The environment we are given is very fun while professional.

Cons

Unfortunately the communication between the technology groups is not very fluid at times which can lead to confusion when one group is not informed of what the other is doing. Also, my technology group is always expeceted to have the answers 100% of the time without making mistakes. If mistakes are made we hear about it from the people we support without much support (it feels) from management.

Advice to Management

Overall this is a great company to work for, but like any large company there are always politics involved.