HOSTING - Great Co-Workers, Lack of Leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HOSTING

"Great Co-Workers, Lack of Leadership"

I worked at HOSTING full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always something new to learn, new faces to meet and plenty of opportunities to travel. Working with my co-workers was great - those people were my extended family.

Cons

The lack and leadership and the high turnover in upper management positions caused so much confusion and ambiguity that most started losing their passion for their jobs. Negativity from the top quickly tricked down.

Other Employee Reviews for HOSTING

1. "A Boxing Match at the Workplace"

Current Employee - "Mean Gene" in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - "Mean Gene" in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at HOSTING full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great Atmosphere
    - A-OKAY Management, tip my hat off to the shot-callers and brawlers in this ORG
    - PTO is just the "start" of time off, sometimes feel like I'm working for the COUNTY, wow!
    - Direct Supervisors who get to you know, assuming you want to get to know them - win/win!
    - You put in what you want back, it's like the bank - add the pocket change and watch it grow!
    - One of ,if not the BEST WORKPLACES to be EMPLOYED...(assuming you're not greedy)
    - OVERALL a 9 out of 10!

This is HOT SH!T, hands down...money is not everything to some, it's the fact of putting food on the table for family or paying that cell phone bill.

Do yourself a favor, drop your ego at the door, grab a chair, monitor, mouse, computer suntan, whatever comes your way and if you don't know the answer, bullish' your best, cause nobody like smart asses and let's face it, bullshittin' just sounds so much better, don't it?

Cons

- Confusion internally on many aspects, but most major corps have worse problems, than us.
    - People - just don't use their heads and common sense.

- We rely on placing blame on vendors when the HEAT is on, but yet WE make decisions to purchase FROM the vendors in the first place, that's called being hypocritical.

- We need to put funds into departments daily where it's no joke - NETWORKING, those guys work the meat to the bone, take it (bad and good), and still get things done the best they can - pay em like they run the company, wait..they do sort of ,so yeah - just pay them better than the STANDARD, you'll love having that "Piece of MIND"..

Advice to Management

Upper MGMT got the right intentions, but should take a 10 second deep breath, and exhale the bull-crap aside.

People who are not loyal will leave anyways, so let them...they can't be faithful anyways so why bother with them working as they can go "wah wah" somewhere else, but don't lower the next guy (replacement) pay just because "you can" - that's hurting the industry long term, word gets around the industry on those types of issues.

"Time for some positive change......."

I have been working at HOSTING full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good team filled with some of the most technical people I've ever worked with. Flexible times and most management is helpful and willing lend a hand.

Cons

management isn't always on the ball, too many internal changes and slow internal growth. Constantly rolling out new products with little training and ignoring issues with current products that need attention. Also need review salaries for workers as its not on par with other IT companies in the same tier.

Advice to Management

show your team initiative Help them proactively instead of reactively. If not you will continue to lose good people. Invest time on strengthening staff that need it and offer new ventures for those who have hit their respective ceilings.