HP Hood - It's a good Place to woek | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HP Hood

"It's a good Place to woek"

Pros

It's very involved in your personal life and into helping to making your life easier, It also has a good pay scale

Cons

There isn't no really bad cons or downside just that there should be more job advancement for inside the company

Advice to Management

More Advancement within the Company

Other Employee Reviews for HP Hood

1. "Great people, great culture, great work/life balance, ok personal growth, ok salary"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

I worked at HP Hood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the culture (great team building nights out and organised activities), excellent stepping stone into the London market and beyond

Cons

Limited to exposure to products and skills, good salaries for local company but many people find they use this as a stepping stone, great local company but people outgrow it in my experience

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you are a great local company

"A good company overall"

Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Route Driver
    Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Route Driver

Pros

Good pay rate.
     Blue Cross , dental , vision 401k . 401k match up to 4% with possible 1% profit sharing at end of year.
     Uniforms , boot allowances ($75 every 6 months) health club reimburse up to $200 per year , employee assistance service via phone .

Cons

Paid on a day rate so 7hours or 14 paid the same. In the last years I believe managers get bonuses for reducing overtime costs , so the person controlling what you get paid has a vested intrest in seeing you not paid . They have saved money by elimination of some routes and adding it to others , and by not paying the extra hours most drivers are working longer days for 5,000 to 8,000 less then they did before.
     In some divisions they are hiring managers with no C D L. Experience so when your Miles per gallon are down from driving in a snowstorm you have to explain why , and why you could not use your cruise control .

Advice to Management

Hood is a good company , maybe the cutbacks and extra work is what we need to prosper in this economy . But stating that instead of making us feel like easy to replace cogs of a machine would help moral . We are losing experienced employees . I do not know what choices are local or company wide , and these are only my observations.