HSN - It's a job, I was hoping it would be more . . . | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for HSN

"It's a job, I was hoping it would be more . . ."

Current Employee - Associate Buyer
Current Employee - Associate Buyer

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company promotes employee engagement, but doesn't really follow through with the actual engagement activities, great vacation/sick time and banks holidays are a perk, beautiful campus and buildings. For the most part, my co-workers are great, but with working with a majority of women, things get very catty.

Cons

Upper management, slow road to internal promotions,

Advice to Management

Follow through with plans, don't wait last minute for projects and promote from within

Other Employee Reviews for HSN

"One of my favorite jobs of all time."

Current Employee - WAH Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - WAH Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! As a part time WAH sales agent, I get 60 hours of paid vacation and roughly 20 hours of holiday time to use throughout the year. Working from home is a big plus. It seems that growth is very likely if you wish to grow within the company.

Cons

Buying stuff gets addictive. Everything I see I either want to buy or I simply buy it.

Advice to Management

This is a great company to work for.

"Make the changes you promised...years ago"

Current Employee - WAH Sales
    Current Employee - WAH Sales

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair pay, ok benefits, nice discount

Cons

No chance for advancement, Metrics are ridiculous, it all depends on what call routing system you are put on. You can go from being well above average to below average in less that 30 days, Quality is a joke, most customers just want to place their order & move on. Raises were held for almost 2 years and when they did give them back, it was not compensated for the time we didn't recieve them, yet check out Mindy's salary. Work in Sales yet have to take tons of CS calls and we are not compensated to do so. Also the company has tons of oversells, we have to lie to customers & tell them they will get their order within 7-10 days because of poor management, these people may get it within 45 days if they are lucky.

Advice to Management

Upper management sucks, they really have no clue unless they worked their way up the ladder, quality department does not score fairly, it merely a matter of that scorers opinion. Pretty darn pathetic when you get scored down for saying "yes mam". Numerous calls sent for review and never heard anything back on them. Your IT desk really needs some training, pretty nasty people that are not helpful at all. Paychecks have to be watched because of constant mistakes. Erp is a complete JOKE. Hours are not kept up with properly, constantly having to email ATS because of mistakes. Person in charge of payroll needs to be replaced with someone comptent enough to do the job.