HSN - It's a job, I was hoping it would be more . . . | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HSN

"It's a job, I was hoping it would be more . . ."

Current Employee - Associate Buyer
Current Employee - Associate Buyer

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company promotes employee engagement, but doesn't really follow through with the actual engagement activities, great vacation/sick time and banks holidays are a perk, beautiful campus and buildings. For the most part, my co-workers are great, but with working with a majority of women, things get very catty.

Cons

Upper management, slow road to internal promotions,

Advice to Management

Follow through with plans, don't wait last minute for projects and promote from within

Other Employee Reviews for HSN

"Make the changes you promised...years ago"

Current Employee - WAH Sales
    Current Employee - WAH Sales

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair pay, ok benefits, nice discount

Cons

No chance for advancement, Metrics are ridiculous, it all depends on what call routing system you are put on. You can go from being well above average to below average in less that 30 days, Quality is a joke, most customers just want to place their order & move on. Raises were held for almost 2 years and when they did give them back, it was not compensated for the time we didn't recieve them, yet check out Mindy's salary. Work in Sales yet have to take tons of CS calls and we are not compensated to do so. Also the company has tons of oversells, we have to lie to customers & tell them they will get their order within 7-10 days because of poor management, these people may get it within 45 days if they are lucky.

Advice to Management

Upper management sucks, they really have no clue unless they worked their way up the ladder, quality department does not score fairly, it merely a matter of that scorers opinion. Pretty darn pathetic when you get scored down for saying "yes mam". Numerous calls sent for review and never heard anything back on them. Your IT desk really needs some training, pretty nasty people that are not helpful at all. Paychecks have to be watched because of constant mistakes. Erp is a complete JOKE. Hours are not kept up with properly, constantly having to email ATS because of mistakes. Person in charge of payroll needs to be replaced with someone comptent enough to do the job.

"Do Not Work for this Company"

Pros

Work at home available/part time only. Sales only.

Cons

One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Horrible training. Impossible metrics. You will not get your bonuses if you don't meet even one of the very specific criteria. Micromanagement by Supervisors with rote answers. They do not care about the employees, their suggestions or their lives. You cannot move up in this company. Sales are HSN's bread and butter and the pay and treatment is so poor of employees and customers. HR and Management are a joke and very unprofessional. They do not return calls and emails and pass the buck when there is a concern or issue, including the President.

Advice to Management

You are running this company into the ground. Value your employees and your long time customers.