HSN - I love it... | Glassdoor

"I love it..."

Current Employee - WAH Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - WAH Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, choosing my hours, great employee discount, positive attitude of trainers, and the ability to pick up and trade hours with other employees

Cons

None yet; although I don't like having to worry about metrics. The up-sells can be a little tedious, but I look at it as a challenge...

Advice to Management

Keep it positive!!

Other Employee Reviews for HSN

"They do not care about you"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at HSN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home, no gas expenses

Cons

I left making only 53 cents more than when I started - NO RAISES and NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES - I had 20 supervisors from start to finish all telling me different ways to work. They never ceased to take advantage of an opportunity to speak to me as if I were a new employee and not someone who'd worked with the company for nearly 4 years. I spent the majority of my time fixing mistakes by incompetent reps and new people. All the people who I trained with and who were already working at the company when I started were gone by the time I was let go, so I knew it was coming. The so-called CEO was someone I never met, just someone who enjoys all the $ that she makes by the backbone of the company (phone reps & warehouse reps) she has absolutely no clue what it's like for us, and if she cared she'd make the changes that are desperately needed. They only care about over charging elderly women for products that are made in China.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses and be a manager. Instead of telling someone they're not doing good enough, tell them how to do it right. AND all of you need to get together to determine what is right instead of one telling it's one way while another says it's a different way.
    Pay increases are absurd.
    You clearly fire those of us who've been there and know what we're doing so the trainers continue to have something to do. You shouldn't treat your long time employees like they are new to the company and fire us for no reason. Give us the respect we have earned.
    All of you posting on how much you love it after only a year, you will be gone before long too. Do not expect this to be your career. This isn't a company that wants that out of good, honest, hard working people.

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at home is nice. Generous PTO, nice people. It's really nice not having a boss looking over your shoulder every second. They really try to be flexible for you, but that doesn't mean you'll always get the days you need off.

Cons

You're tied to your desk for 8 hours with calls coming in non stop. Pay isn't really worth it for the amount of work you do, but it's not terrible either. It's a job. Not good, not bad. Nothing to be excited about. If the pay was better I'd consider working here for quite a while.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and decrease call volume.