HUB International - Chaotic Leadership, Low Pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HUB International

"Chaotic Leadership, Low Pay"

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at HUB International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of people, large book of business in the office I was in so the carriers were interested in working with us. Some nice corporate slicks/marketing pieces. Management was okay - didn't want anyone to "rock the boat."

Cons

No written procedures, I never received a performance review in all the years I was there. My boss presented me as a VP in a client proposal, knowing that I did not have an officer title, promised that it would come to me and never came through. Low pay. Years when our division experienced great growth, we were told no or low raises because the whole Hub was down due to issues with another department. Years when the other department had a great year and we were level or only slight growth, we were told our results were low so no or low raises. There was always an excuse. Management promised raises would be effective in March, but didn't actually happen until May or June and not retroactive. I worked a minimum 50- 60 hours a week due to understaffing. I liked my coworkers and my boss left me alone, so I stayed longer than I should have considering the low pay and incredibly heavy work load.

Advice to Management

This company and the regional leadership need discipline and consistency. Stop low-balling employees and scrambling around during raise time. Give ALL employees a meaningful performance review and a fair raise.

HUB International Response

Sep 9, 2015 – Deb Deters, Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your comments. Performance appraisals and fair compensation for your expertise is a top priority for HUB. We recently reviewed employee survey data that highlights some of the concerns ... More

Other Employee Reviews for HUB International

"The HUB BDT is a nice mix of never-ending workload and some fun while in the office."

Current Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator in Westmont, IL

I have been working at HUB International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office environment is exciting with games like foosball or shuffleboard to help relieve stress when taking a quick break

Cons

Marketing and Operations team works longer hours, get paid less than BDMs.

Advice to Management

We could do with a bit a less of the expense for corporate outings in exchange for higher pay or more resources for employees. While corporate outings are fun and present us with a nice corporate culture, they also seem to always be over the top to the corporate dime. Personally I'd rather have the money to choose what I do with my social life than to have work create my social life.

2. "Great company good people"

Pros

Good people, pay is not bad, will help and train

Cons

None; but to list one maybe some managers very overconfident.