HUBER + SUHNER - Below average. | Glassdoor

"Below average."

Former Employee - Fiberoptic Cable Production Line Employee in Essex Junction, VT

I worked at HUBER + SUHNER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen employees with special needs, I am glad that H+S is open to this issue.

Cons

As someone has already stated, there is a major disconnection between management and production floor. I was very much bothered by management operating in their own cloud, high enough above production as if saying hello is plain useless. At times, I felt like a 2nd class citizen around them. Arrogance is highly present.
Opportunities for advancement are very unclear, I have, unfortunately, seen promotions based on looks rather than quality.

Advice to Management

In plain English: please calm down to earth.

Other Employee Reviews for HUBER + SUHNER

"An atypical business relationship between management and production employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

I worked at HUBER + SUHNER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huber + Suhner is a Swiss-based company, and the employee benefits reflect many European business models that provide excellent benefits. In addition to some traditional companies benefits (e.g. 401Ks, life insurance, and medical, dental and vision insurance plans), H+S employees also receive a better-than-average vacation time, and quarterly profit sharing.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is a substantial disconnect between management and production employees. Directions and standard operation procedures often change with the intention of improvement, but new process knowledge doesn't always get disseminated from mid-management to production staff very consistently, so knowledge becomes more "tribal"; only a handful line leaders will know the information, and therefore instructions for duties are only as good as a verbal explanation. New, undocumented SOP's put in place by management and/or engineers get implemented though often times go unsupervised, thus leading to long, inefficient project start-ups, and a high probability for delays and costly errors.

Opportunities for career advancement are often unclear. Steps and requirements are not documented, and many colleagues have voiced dissatisfaction with this issue.

Concerns for the future: in the USA division of H+S, a great deal of the business is military contracts, so a lack of civilian contract diversity directly affects the success in the USA. H+S has also acquired a new company in New Jersey, and there is significant concern among many employees that business in Vermont will shift out of state.

Advice to Management

I would offer to upper management that new procedures and project start-ups become more "hands on": writing of standard operation procedures for new projects and supervising start-ups more closely. Information needs to trickle down the chain of command thoroughly and clearly.

2. "Nothing Bad to Say"

I worked at HUBER + SUHNER full-time

Pros

Huber+Suhner is a great place to grow as a professional. Management is willing to listen to ideas and suggestions to improve processes. There are a lot of great people there. The work environment can be very fun. There are monthly company events that brings employees together.

Cons

Employees feel that can't speak to managers. I am not sure why though. I have been able to speak openly to all levels of management with no issue. I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

All suggestions were said to the proper management team.