Hain Celestial - This place could be a great place to work but... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial

"This place could be a great place to work but..."

Pros

For the most part the atmosphere is nice, the Cafe has good food and if management is happy it isn't terrible. The health benefits and other benefits are why a lot of us stay here alone.

Cons

No communication between upper management and lower management...lower management does whatever it can not to upset upper management because they don't want the wrath of higher management.
This place could be a great place to work IF it didn't mean working off of dinosaur software, people were given time to do quality work, were given recognition, given timely monthly reviews.. haven't had one in 4 months...and IF upper management would work with us instead of against us...would realize we are people that should be treated with respect...Feels like all the company cares about is the all mighty dollar, not the people making the products or supporting the products that create the all mighty dollars lining their pockets. Its actually very sad... could be sooo much more...Greed is the word that comes to mind anymore.

Advice to Management

To upper management: Recognize the amazing people working for you, don't take them for granted. PLEASE realize we are all human beings.. not machines...we not only have feelings but we have ideas and visions to make this a better place, please give us the opportunity to do so.

To lower management: I know its not easy when things are just trickling down so to speak but like a dog that has been beaten we aren't going to try harder when constantly being hit...

Other Employee Reviews for Hain Celestial

"A nice place to work before bigger and better opportunity"

Former Employee - Materials Manager
    Former Employee - Materials Manager

Pros

HAIN is a fast growing company with a many diverse and interesting divisions.

Cons

Limited ability to outperform and advance once bogged down in a particular division. A lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Look within for talent.

"Miserable, hierarchical, nepotism-riddled joke of a company!"

Current Employee - Flunky #210
    Current Employee - Flunky #210

Pros

Nearly impossible to think of anything; overall a horrible, depressing, soul-crushing place to work. Only pro is free coffee, which is needed in order to work endless hours!

Cons

Long hours, zero recognition, incompetent or horrible managers employees rewarded, poor salaries and benefits, arrogant rock-star-wanna-be CEO, you only count at this company if you are a friend of the CEO; otherwise you are worked like a dog then spit on. Senior team is concerned with one thing: delivering ridiculous (and fudged) numbers to Wall St. So little employee appreciation or any sort of recognition that it is laughable. Managers are very light on praise but very willing to criticize, and not constructively. Employee complaints about abusive managers are ignored. Business/financial practices very questionable. Can't keep talent because of the back-stabbing, horrible, bitchy atmosphere. Warning to anyone considering working here...don't! Hold out for something else; this company sucks and has a long reputation of being a miserable, crap place to work.

Advice to Management

Um, seriously, a lame holiday party thrown for the first time in 4 years coincidentally because your publicist landed you an interview with the NY Times about how you inspire your employees and foster camaraderie?? For real?? Pathetic!! And why does a CEO need a publicist anyway? If you paid more attention to how miserable your employees are and what a crappy place your company is to work, AND you actually cared enough to do something to improve things, you wouldn't have to PAY someone to make you look like a competent leader!