Hain Celestial - Natural & Organic Food is a tough sell in this economy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial

"Natural & Organic Food is a tough sell in this economy."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

Generally good atmosphere. Some salaries are OK. Not many layers of management to deal with. Generally friendly atmosphere. OK about personal and health issues. You can talk to upper management if you push the issue. Again, small company atmosphere can be positive.

Cons

Static jobs no movement, not large company. Some of the decisions are erratic. Old systems, not willing to move forward. This was an issue before the economy tumbled. Too slow to get rid of problem divisions. Upper management is very well compensated but the lower level jobs are poorly paid. Small company atmosphere can be stifling as well as positive.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with what is going on internally.

Other Employee Reviews for Hain Celestial

1. "Happy lower-level employee..."

Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO

Pros

Great management; wonderful colleagues. I worked at the university coffee shop and probably also would have given tours at the tea factory if I had stayed longer in Boulder, Colorado. I really liked my manager and the manager's assistant, and I worked at various locations, and liked everyone I worked with. I felt that the compensation was fair and could have envisioned moving into management positions, and perhaps out of the cafe entirely, eventually. I got great customer service experience, and I was allowed to work on my own a lot of the time, which I appreciated. I never felt micromanaged.

Cons

My positions, obviously, was not a lofty one, so the customers were occasionally (make that often) very difficult - people are very particular about their coffee or tea and the way in which it is made. For the most part, the service industry is like that, though - you just have to get used to it, and I did. I occasionally (very seldom) felt that I was at the very bottom or far end of a branch of a large corporation, but the people I worked with made up for that, and what do you expect, anyway? I don't know what changes have taken place since Celestial merged with Hain...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...

2. "Temporary Accounting Assistant"

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time

Pros

Very professional environment and nice people to work with

Cons

None, just wish they hadn't outsourced the accounting department