Hajoca Corporation - Solid Privately Owned Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hajoca Corporation

"Solid Privately Owned Company"

Current Employee - Satelite Branch Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Satelite Branch Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well organized, Good Benefits,Profit Sharing

Cons

Work conditions not the most favorable

Other Employee Reviews for Hajoca Corporation

"Understaffed with little respect for employees"

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Houston, TX

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Profit sharing if you are a good employee at a good store can be a bonus that is 25%-50% of your salary.

The CEO, Rick Fantham, is one of the best men I have ever met.

Cons

I've worked with the upper management and heard several times when discussing employees recommendations for improvement "I think what you mean by that is they think they're lucky to have a job and wouldn't want to say anything that would put their job status at risk because in this economy they don't have any other options."

They have failed to invest in procurement which has left them noncompetitive with larger accounts, and has left them making up the difference by running short-staffed. Since they're short-staffed they can't provide the service level that they sell as their advantage in the market. Recent management changes have caused several top store managers to leave and left several locations without managers for extended periods of time because they can't find people to take the jobs.

Minorities and women have little to no chance to progress within the company. I am not either of those, but have been appalled by the fact that while 30% of our workforce are minorities, there was only ONE minority manager and one female manager out of over 30.

The work life balance in non existent. I was expected to answer my phone 24-7, no matter what, and while I was promised time off for major events, like the birth of twins, there were always "extenuating circumstances," that forced me to come back into work early. I was harassed when I asked for time off and told to keep my phone on and answer my emails or else my next vacation request would be denied.

Advice to Management

Learn what the word long-term investment means. Managers and employees have crippled their businesses because investing in growth has been inherently discouraged by the short-term compensation models.

"Every store is different."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Taylors, SC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Taylors, SC

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great motivational leadership
    -Lots of training resources
    -Profit Sharing
    -Managers are given a tremendous amount of freedom
    -Very stable company

Cons

Every store is different and a direct reflection of it's manager. Some stores are upbeat and lively, others are downright oppressive. Profit sharing is often used as a wage supplement rather than a bonus, so wages are kept low at times. The flat corporate structure means there can be very little room for advancement.