Halliburton - Good Internship | Glassdoor

"Good Internship"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Management Program in Duncan, OK
Former Intern - Supply Chain Management Program in Duncan, OK

I worked at Halliburton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a much more intense internship than I imagined. I was assigned a project dealing with continous improvement. The management wants to see how you handle minimal pressure and how you attempt to solve a problem. I would recomend this program to anyone in the engineering field. They really focus on developing the intern into a full time employee. The program is intense but it is also very rewarding, at the end of the summer all the interns present their final projects at Halliburton's headquarters infront of vice presidents and other managers, so if you perform well you will be able to impress the executives of a major company.

Cons

First off, Halliburton has a very bad rep from issues in the past. One plus is my manager sat me down on my first day and was very honest about the "unethical" choices Halliburton has made, and he also explained how the company is moving forward and rebuilding a steller reputation.

Advice to Management

Have a little more communication between Halliburton sites

Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton

"Training program is drawn out. Alot of oppurtunies if you put in enough time."

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Alvarado, TX
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Alvarado, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training, good pay, alot of oppurtunies if you stick around long enough.

Cons

Everything is based on seniority and not performance. Will have to wait on people hired before you to advance before you are given oppurtunity. If some one is lazy and complacent where they are at, you will stall in your progression.

Advice to Management

Base oppurtunies and advancement on performance.

2. "A large company with a very personal touch."

Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great pay.
    Friendly atmosphere where coworkers will work with you when you have questions or concerns about your projects.
    Management tends to be very open.
    There is rarely a time that I have felt bored or unneeded. I have generally always been busy or training.
    Management encourages training and advancement in education, and the company will pay/reimburse you for your efforts.

Cons

Moving within the company can be very difficult, especially if management wants you in a particular position or location.
    As with most large companies, it can also be hard to stand out from the crowd, but at the same time, there isn't a strong sense of competition, so this isn't a big issue.
    The biggest problem for me, being in my mid 20s, was location. Duncan is a small town with little to do, so while I have few complaints about the job itself, it was not uncommon for me to be bored out of my mind, especially during the work week.

Advice to Management

Establish a more organized introduction for new employees. My first few months were confusing and unstructured, and I felt like I wasn't really learning anything about the company.