Hallmark Health - Interview was what I expected with usual tell me when questions.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark Health

"Interview was what I expected with usual tell me when questions.."

Pros

Staff that I know who work there are very happy.

Cons

Leadership roles have changed several times, I heard.

Advice to Management

Just be honest with staff and share reasons why changes are needed.

Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark Health

"Supervisor???? Title going to their head!!"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Melrose, MA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Melrose, MA

I worked at Hallmark Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If it weren't for the Lab Business Manager I wouldn't have been there for any length of time.

Cons

Supervisor does not play an active role except for administrative idiot, seemed to be happiest writing staff up and very immature. Lacked Superv. skills. Quickly looked for any reason to get you out the door if they decide not to like you, or if one of the "favorites" doesn't like you.
     Too many times spent looking for the Supervisor (how many phone calls have to come into the Department asking "have you seen the Superv?' I felt more like a personal secretary than someone there for the care of the patient. ) because they were roaming the hospital hallways socializing usually found talking about themselves. Spends a lot of time surfing on the computer making travel arrangements for yet another vacation. I saw this most morning through their window as I stepped off the shuttle.
    Lacks accountability and does not support the staff. Usually found butting heads with those people they cant get rid all in earshot of staff and patients. Lots of finger pointing without actually having all the information.

Advice to Management

At one time there was a Lab Business Manager in the Department-HH had reductions and let them go. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! The LBM kept tabs-made the Supver. accountable for actions and offered skills like compassion, support for the staff. Seems that current Manager for the Suprv does not want to get too involved- Supervisor runs a muck on a power trip.

2. "Executive Leadership lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose, MA

Pros

Friendly atmosphere in many departments. Caring coworkers who work together. Nice not having to drive into Boston. Excellent care by some departments.

Cons

Senior Leadership has brought in some very destructive leaders who have literally ruined departments. Some excellent people have been forced out directly or indirectly and senior leaders aren't dealing with it.

Advice to Management

Admit when you've made a mistake and deal with it. You would be more respected!