Hallmark - Territory Assistant | Glassdoor

"Territory Assistant"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my most favorite job ever. Lots a good stress. Great Territory Manager! I liked working with the Retail Merchandisers and other Territory Assistants in my area. They were all hard working people who would come together to execute huge store rebuilds. I also enjoyed the flexibility this job offered my schedule. Perks were you could take time off whenever you wanted and have someone cover your territory.

Cons

Compensation is not wonderful so there was always a challenge attracting top talent and then keeping them. You were required to work the day before and after most greeting card holidays.

Advice to Management

There is quite a bit of administrative information filtered to employees and not much payroll time allotted to review this. I had to be careful to ensure I wasn't "working off the clock" to read through everything. More realistic balance between administration and payroll would be helpful and encouraging.

Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark

"Talented co-workers, shameless and self-serving managers"

Former Employee - Writer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Writer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful peers within creative community. Talented and passionate design and word people. Good physical environment. Competitive pay and benefits for creatives. Decent training opportunities. Good diversity. Good environmental efforts. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Ethical slippage. Lack of employee trust in management and in company's future. Rampant ageism. Cronyism within management ranks. No risk taking. Slow to move into the digital space. Too many managers and not enough people doing the actual work. Experience and expertise count for very little. Cult of personality rules.

Advice to Management

CEO Don Hall needs to trust his employees more, and his senior managers and human resources personnel less. As the brand pillars crumble, managers still make sure they get their own annual incentives, and play musical chairs under the guise of business reorganization. The company is desperate, bleeding its top, highly experienced, highly compensated talent in order to get their salaries and health benefits. Used to recommend Hallmark to every creative I knew. Not anymore.

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Hallmark full-time

Pros

Benefits (retirement, discount on product, coffee shop) and the people.

Cons

Work life balance. Not a lot of opportunities for working part time or from home. Also, though there is room for growth, there is not a lot of opportunity for bonuses and salary increase.