Hamilton Medical Center - I learned true autonomy as a nurse. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hamilton Medical Center

"I learned true autonomy as a nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dalton, GA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dalton, GA

Pros

I learned alot while there. I was hired as a new nurse. I chose the renal floor. Im glad I did. I believe i developed great skills that will help me in my future as a nurse.

Cons

nurse to patient ratio is rediculous. They only think money and not aquity of patient load.

Advice to Management

base the staffing grid on aquity and not money. You would keep more nurses if you did this.

Other Employee Reviews for Hamilton Medical Center

"Good general hospital to work for, but has several limitations"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Dalton, GA

Pros

Hamilton Medical Center is a general hospital in a small town and the employees are generally long term as there isn't much competition in other places to work. Everyone knows everyone and you begin to feel like family. Pay is better than one hour north, but quite a bit less than an hour south.

Cons

It's all in who you know at Hamilton. If you are liked, you will advance quickly. Pay is average for this area, but the benefits have been steadily declining over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Staff should be treated equally. Favored employees should not be treated differently. Steps should be taken to ensure that staff are treated well so that they are happy at their jobs.

2. "Okay Place"

I have been working at Hamilton Medical Center full-time

Pros

Hamilton is an okay place to work. It has the usual problems you find everywhere- employees who cause problems or slack off but never get punished because they are friends with the supervisor, etc. You don't have to pay your health care premiums if you follow their wellness plan, though. It's an okay place to work.

Cons

Management would rather put in place gimmicky programs to "change the culture" and pay for pricey consultants than just address actually problems directly with common sense. Every few years it's a different motto and another round of employee re-education.

Advice to Management

Just do the right thing for patients and employees, you're going to get complaints and lawsuits either way.