Hamleys - Overall experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Overall experience"

Former Employee - Hamleys Helper in Manchester, England

I worked at Hamleys part-time for less than a year

Pros

Progression opportunities were achievable. Also, really laid back, fun atmosphere. Got paid to play with toys. Staff were happy and everyone worked well as a team. The training was a great laugh. Lots of games. Felt like a kids birthday party.

Cons

Was working at a concession in a department store on the sixth floor, so there were a lot of quiet periods where I had to pace the floor and re arrange shelf displays in order to be doing something, which was pretty mind numbing. Also, my contract I was given had far fewer hours than I said I wanted. Was not allowed to change my contract, or swap with colleagues who wanted the number of hours I had.

Hamleys2017-02-16
  1. "Awesome Internship!"

Marketing Intern

I worked at Hamleys for less than a year

Pros

You're working in a massive toy shop, so it's an incredibly lively atmosphere, to start! Great work environment in the office alongside passionate people.

Cons

Your schedule can be unclear at times.

Hamleys2016-12-05
  2. "Ok"

I worked at Hamleys

Pros

Flexible Can be fun Friendly staff members

Cons

Basic pay Can get bored easily Not a very progressive career aspiration

Hamleys2017-08-29

Hamleys Response

October 11, 2017HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are disappointed to read you feel there is not a very progressive career aspiration at Hamleys. Employee development is very important to us and we aspire to promote internally wherever possible. Our pay structure is also currently ...

Discover more reviews about Hamleys.