Hamline University - I really enjoyed my work-study position at Hamline; it gave me great working experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hamline University

"I really enjoyed my work-study position at Hamline; it gave me great working experience."

Former Intern - Hamline Work Study in Saint Paul, MN
Former Intern - Hamline Work Study in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Hamline University as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Hamline is a very diverse campus that offers a great learning experience. Having a work-study job on campus was a rewarding experience, and I made plenty of valuable connections.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't know what was expected of me in terms of what I should be doing at any given moment.

Other Employee Reviews for Hamline University

1. "Private College in Minnesota"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Hamline University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hardworking group of dedicated employees with sincere interest in students education and college experience. Your opinion matters and there are many opportunities for university wide involvement.

Cons

There are limited avenues for career advancement. Private colleges have suffered in recent years with the downturn of the economy and money is always tight.

2. "Relaxing work environment, but no room to grow."

Former Employee - IT Systems Integrator in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - IT Systems Integrator in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Hamline University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few deadlines, comfortable self-paced daily work and projects, friendly co-workers and understanding of work/life balance. Also decent pay/stress ratio, great place to work if you just want to do your job, stay under the radar and live your own life.

Cons

Positions are quite confined. You are encouraged to only do the work requested of your position and there is no room to grow, transfer, or be promoted as each position is similarly filled and there is little turn over. As such there isn't much industry expertise so you won't be learning a lot of new skills. Also, benefits have been trimmed quite a bit during 2012-2013.

Advice to Management

Create some incentive paths and promotion opportunities. Implement some projects from out of the box thinkers.