Hampton Inn - It was a great place to discover what kind of employee you are. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn

"It was a great place to discover what kind of employee you are."

Pros

In hospitality, you get to experience different challenges such as multi-tasking and being able to serve people, ensuring that they are satisfied.

Cons

Working at any hotel demands trust in employees. Everyone is entitled to their own responsibility. If one does not show up to work, it greatly affects the business.

Advice to Management

Leadership was great where I worked at. I had some flaws but the leadership at the present time allowed me to grow and develop into an effective employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Hampton Inn

1. "It's a great place to work."

Pros

It is very rewarding to be able to help a guest with any problem that they have. Also, the travel program is very beneficial.

Cons

The downsides to working here are about the same as they would be working anywhere else. You may not get the pay you wanted to start off with, or the hours.

Advice to Management

Treating your workers as well as you do your guests will go a long way. I'm very satisfied with my employment at the Hampton Inn and I will continue to stay at Hampton Inns, even if I'm no longer employed here.

2. "Eh, it was a job."

Pros

The suit coat is kind of nice. Lot's of time to do homework or just chill.

Cons

A bit more strict than some comparable night audit jobs. No chairs behind the front desk for example. Also, lot's of homeless people hanging about.

Advice to Management

Stop half heartily trying to be a classier hotel. Either do it or don't. Same thing with target market, businesses or families? Pick a direction.