Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board - Very Comfortable Work Environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

"Very Comfortable Work Environment"

I have been working at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees enjoy a lot of flexibility. The benefits package is very generous, particularly sick leave and annual leave. Everyone is on a first-name basis, so there is no rigid, hierarchical structure.

Cons

This is not so much a factor for me, but some positions pay better in the private sector. However, this is to be expected with a not-for-profit agency. Again, this is not an issue for me, but some would like to see the agency offer tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Hold employees more accountable for their actions.

Other Employee Reviews for Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

"Experience probably supervisor dependent"

Pros

-Great benefits, good pay, opportunities to move up and over, good experience for mental health, one of the lead employers in the area

Cons

-Workload and requirements can be supervisor-dependent instead of uniform which is good if you have a good supervisor but can be miserable if you don't

-Long hours

Advice to Management

-If several complaints come from one team or section, address the underlying problem. Otherwise, you risk losing more employees

-Consider flex time

2. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment everyone is on first name basis! Work hours are good and excellent benefits. Annual and sick leave is more than generous.

Cons

I have been with the CSB for 4 years and I can't think of a con. As with any job or employer there are stressful and overwhelming times.. but you get the job done and get through it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Develop supervisor and manager training programs. Pay for performance would be good.