Hand and Stone Spa - The Best Place to Work | Glassdoor

"The Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - SPA Associate in Manalapan, NJ
Current Employee - SPA Associate in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent and fair work environment. The owner and management of the Manalapan location could not be more hard working! The staff is very professional and friendly. We have many clients that have come from other spas in the area who are very happy that they made the switch. It is great to work somewhere that people leave happy and satisfied.

Cons

There are negative reviews on this site which concerns me because I know from working here, they are untrue!

Advice to Management

The management is always open to hearing new ideas and is very flexible when it comes to taking time off. Thank YOU!!

Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

1. "Amazing atmosphere and positive work environment."

Current Employee - Membership Sales Associate in Manalapan, NJ
    Current Employee - Membership Sales Associate in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, owners are hands-on and will always look out for clients and employees best interest. Extremely flexible work hours- I am a junior in college and have had to change my schedule with each new semester, and every time my employers were helpful and accommodating. Great pay for only being personable and managing the computers and clients. Plenty of opportunities for growth if you work hard and commit to working for the company's success. At my location, our employers are constantly giving us incentives to promote positive growth and employee success. My employers are constantly trying to stay current and relevant with the changing times, and value all employee opinions. Clean and relaxing environment. Located in a great shopping center with a Wegmans and Target so there is great foot traffic, as well as being in a safe family town.

Cons

With any job, you get what you give. If you commit and put in the time and effort to making the company successful, you will be successful yourself. The only con I can say about this location is that is is directly off of Rt 9, so traffic during rush hour and on weekends can be pretty annoying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Get rid of those who bring the spa down, and strive to bring in those individuals who have a positive hard-working attitude. Continue to listen to employees opinions, as I feel that if the opinions of your staff are ignored it presents major internal problems that can bring down a company's success. Stay current with the changing technology and the expansion of social media and use it to your advantage - find the best way specific social media sites can promote business and try them. Continue to encourage employees and present them with increased opportunities for growth if desired.

"One of the worst experiences I have had"

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get paid around 32% of what the massage session costs.

Cons

you do not get paid for the training. Its bad, and the owners are clueless about how bad it is. You also do not get paid for time you are not giving a massage. So if you only have 1 massage then you can be on the books for say 10 hours and 9 are unpaid, so you calculate the 25-30 bucks you make and divide it into the 10 hours and thats your per hour amount you were paid for the day. You are getting paid 3 dollars per hour!! Taco Bell pays more that that!!

Advice to Management

Nada