Hand and Stone Spa - rush | Glassdoor

"rush"

Pros

good massage, very friendly staff

Cons

confusion at check in and check out

Other Employee Reviews for Hand and Stone Spa

"The type of owner controls the success/satisfaction of this franchise"

Former Employee - SPA Associate
    Former Employee - SPA Associate

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounted services on massage, facials, products etc.
    very easy job, basic computer and phone skills- perfect for a high school or college student

Cons

No upward mobility, the satisfaction of the therapists and SAs rely heavily on the owners' input and if they are negative, everyone else is negative

"Location, location, location"

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Hand and Stone Spa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good training and equipment. ff you get the right location and owner, Hand and Stone can be a great place to work. The corporate vision and training are excellent, especially for new therapists. I would have loved the opportunity to work in a location that actually executed what corporate told them to do.

Cons

I got a bad location with an owner who started cutting corners and would eventually go out of business. The owners not only weren't massage people, but didn't even like getting massages. One of them told me they decided to put their life savings into the franchise because they "heard massage is hot right now." I feel like I never got to work at a real Hand and Stone location.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to make sure that franchisees are sticking more to the training and the corporate culture. The NJ crew that trained my location did a great job, but much of what they taught was ignored when the owners started cutting corners. We actually had to turn off the warmers and turn down walk-ins requesting hot stone massages for the last two hours on some days. I asked the owner if she understood that you can't have a sign that says "hand and stone" and then tell walk-ins that hot stone massages are not available. She said "It costs too much money to keep the warmers on."