Handy - Worst cleaning company to work for!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Handy

"Worst cleaning company to work for!!!!"

Former Contractor - House Cleaner
Former Contractor - House Cleaner

I worked at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

lot of jobs avaiabl. free uniforms. free vacumm

Cons

Pretty much everything. I have so many years of experience with working as a maid for cleaning companys. I can say with out a doubt handybook sucks. They do pay $20.00 and hour, but you only get a few hours jobs. When cleaning a 1 bed and 1 bath apartment you only get 2 hours to clean. Thats not enough time to do a good detail job. $40.00. Waste of time not to mention spending at least $10 bucks on supplies and $$ on gas expensive You can ask the customer if they would like to purchase extra time, so you can finsh if the job is to much for the time provide. However most customers do not like that. I hated working for handybook. They don't care one bit about you. They will slave you if you don't watch it. You also have to buy pretty expensive supplies. Beilive me you will put more in than you take home. They say their best cleaners make $4000.00 a month. Lol. really come onwhat cleaner makes that with working for a company. They lie about you can work when ever you want and where. You have to do lots of jobs and the places arent always even close to where you live. They shouldn't lie and say you can work as little as you like. I understand a company wants you to work a lot, so you make them money. But don't lie about your execptiontaions. They lied to us and said they provided suppliess for free for all are jobs to come. They did provide a vacumm and a few sprays. You have to provide everything else. I already know they will be out of business soon. All the workers there i knew hated working there, and quite as soon as possible. you'll make more money at molly maids, the maids. at least they provide a office to start and end, company car, supplies, etc. My advice don't work here, or if you do get out as soon as you can. btw there extremly cocky and they will try to get out of paying you when a customers cancels at the last minute. I've lost about $100 bucks. I never knew who the owner was, or who founded the company. That's odd that I don't know who my true boss is, or even who I'm working for.

Advice to Management

Treat you workers with respect. Give more time to clean. 2 hours for a 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen, living room isn't cuting it. Now if you send a two person team then 2 hours is perfect. Bottom line you guys are the worst to work for.

Handy Response

Nov 5, 2014 – Marketing

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Handy. We are proud that on the Handy platform, cleaning professionals are able to determine their scope of work and earn up to 3x the national minimum ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Handy

1. "Assistant Manager"

I have been working at Handy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not available as nothing to learn

Cons

Poor Management, poor business model

2. "Cleaner"

Current Freelancer - Cleaner in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Freelancer - Cleaner in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Handy (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Paid directly to bank account
    Good tips
    Meet nice people
    If the customer is not at home they still paying you

Cons

You have to buy the cleaning supplies and carry them every day. They don't reimburse you that expense.
    No benefits
    Let you know the address one night before.
    Customer expected you to finish on the time they book.
    Customers not always mention they have pets