Hanger - The worst 11 years of my non-existent career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hanger

"The worst 11 years of my non-existent career"

Former Employee - Office Administrator
Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Hanger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free coffee & amazing patients

Cons

Someone that mopped floors for a college for 2 years gets paid more than me...

Advice to Management

This company treats the actual money makers like second class trash. Your work ethic is not valued verbally or monetarily. Management will tell you flat out that you are worthless & work harder. If you threaten to make a complaint against management the manager tells you to shut up or corporate will crush you. My own manager said flat out "just because you've been an employee for a long time, know all the contracts, & can handle the heavy workload doesn't mean your management material". But the year before he was talking to his boss about getting my "paperwork" done to be promoted. 11 years of my life to hear that statement drove me to tears...in front of him. Management needs to listen to their employees a.k.a. The bottom feeders of the company b.k.a. Office administrators. You get surveys to speak your opinion. How come no one can see their employee evaluation? You can log in but it's blank? Why is the open door policy not available outside of the office? Why does my manager who was grandfathered in to be a manager decide my career goals...when he has no goals for me but to work as a legal paid slave? Lies of advancement, lack of proper (and legal) management, & "boys club" behavior is what drove me away. After a while you get offended as being referred to as "cheap" labor.

Other Employee Reviews for Hanger

"IT not the "it" place to be"

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Company's mission worthwhile
    Great office location in "village" environment
    Some good people to work with
    Good CEO

Cons

The rest of senior leadership clueless, superficial
    CIO means well, but says one thing and does opposite, can't take the truth, so don't dare speak up
    No career path, unless you're exceptionally good at passing the blame and the spin game
    People, especially leadership, in the wrong roles, especially in IT
    Dysfunctional PMO, and a PM who has never delivered, but gets lots of recognition

Advice to Management

Very high attrition rate in IT - wake up people, there's a reason for it
    There are those in senior leadership roles who should be moved
    Very poor reputation in the IT community as a place to avoid
    Lacking in community outreach
    More concerned about acquiring companies than developing people they already have
    Big company with small mentality

"Top of the line prosthetics & Orthotics company"

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY

I worked at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great to work with. The environment is faced paced and challenging, but there is ample support. One can also transfer to other locations throughout the country which makes relocating much simpler.

Cons

The training environment was insufficient. The salary was competitive but not amazing. Benefits were OK. The offices are small, so if one does not get along with other members of the team it can be very stressful.

Advice to Management

The product is amazing, however there are inconsistencies between offices. Training team members could be done a lot better.