Hanger - Working at Hanger. | Glassdoor

"Working at Hanger."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Stable and growing company with good prospects.

Cons

Growing pains from rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with staff on pending changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Hanger

"Just my opinion."

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Rochester, NY

Pros

Very solid company. Oldest and largest maker of prosthetics and orthotics in USA (world?). Has established different levels of management right through to the top. Opportunity to interact with many different states/cities/sites and attend annual Education Fair. Bonuses are paid (dependent upon certain criteria being met) and special commissions are paid (based on certain devices being sold). Company has rock-solid reputation in their field. For the most part, training is extensive and company has manuals to look to for answers when necessary. Weekly "newspaper" is published and often addresses ongoing issues within the field. Quarterly teleconferences are held by President to update employees on health and growth of the company.

Cons

The last person on the totem pole has a difficult time communicating needs (and having problems looked into). While the ability to ask questions, seek help, etc. is available, that does not always translate into successful resolutions. Because company is national, they do not involve locals in discussions regarding local insurance carriers and tend to make generalized decisions regarding compensation. While I can appreciate a national company being more interested in national companies such as Cigna and Travelers, local carriers are extremely important for Hanger offices and shouldn't be ignored or given fleeting glances. Some offices, of which there are approximately 650, are quite small and, thus, are dependent upon management located elsewhere to help out/teach/mentor. No merit raises are paid, at least that I'm aware of, and annual pay raises (approximately 3%) are supposedly based on cost-of-living. Profit-and-loss statements for individual offices/areas are rarely shared. Clinical and clerical supplies are lumped together and that can make for difficult budgeting. I'm sure fiscal growth is extremely important but I would like to hear more emphasis being placed on patient needs.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge with positive feedback those employees/offices which have improved performance as opposed to only addressing the negative. Allow employees in offices which have little growth to spend time with employees/offices which continue to have positive growth. While there are general rules to follow, each office appears to have different ways of interpreting how to follow those rules and it would be of benefit to employees to be able to see how an efficient and profitable office is run.

"Good company"

Pros

I loved being a part of a company that helps people. Its values, purpose, and management were all great pluses. They provide great training and there are opportunities of advancement.

Cons

Although it was fair, I think the PTO could have been better. I know for me, that would have given me the necessary motivation to keep going.

Advice to Management

You definitely care about your employees! Keep providing incentives and raises if you are able.