Hanover Research - In my two years at Hanover | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

"In my two years at Hanover"

Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Development Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hanover is an exciting place for young, driven professionals to learn about themselves and excel in a workplace setting. In my two years at Hanover, the company has always rewarded me excellently for my hard work. My experience at Hanover epitomizes the opportunities the company has to offer - I have experienced tremendous growth both professionally and personally in a short amount of time. There are several formal structures and processes in place that help guide Development Associates to Senior Development Associates to Development Directors to Managing Directors very quickly. The mentorship between each Development Associate and Development Director at Hanover is invaluable. The fast-paced nature of the job and continuous opportunities for upward mobility are powerful engagers and motivators. From my first day all expectations of me have been clearly articulated and I’ve always known exactly what I’ve needed to accomplish in order to get myself to the next level.

Cons

The pressure to produce at Hanover can be quite intense at times, and sometimes can lead to insecurity among employees. If you prefer a very safe, mild, predictable work environment you will not be happy at Hanover. If you are open to pushing yourself, working as a team, and thinking outside the box you will be a great fit here.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. With information comes knowledge, with knowledge comes empowerment and with empowerment comes confident employees and confident employees generate new business. Continue to remain open to all ideas, comments, questions and concerns on both the research and development side.

Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research

"Highly successful business model and unique opportunity to gain complex/consultative sales experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

As a small firm striving to grow quickly, the staff and diverse mix of business professionals are critical to achieving revenue goals and revolutionizing the company’s content offering. Impressive collection resumes both on the sales, as well as the research side of the business. Selective hiring process seeks intelligent, highly-motivated, driven professionals, which creates an ambitious and financially rewarding working experience. A great place to hone and develop complex sales skills while getting a front seat view into the marketing and research functions of some of the world’s largest companies and the challenges they face in our current economic climate. Management is receptive to new ideas and always willing to consider new ways to improve internal efficiencies. Fast-paced sales environment with attainable, but still ambitious revenue goals. Very much a self-starter atmosphere, which bodes well for “go-getters” looking to make great money while still taking on mid-level management responsibilities. Overall, a rewarding work environment, both professionally and financially.

Cons

The world can change in an instant, which is often the case at Hanover. Just when a new sales approach or tactic seems to be working, the company strategy could shift in a new direction, requiring a swift adjustment in focus. If you like a steady and consistent work pattern, this is probably not the job for you. Sometimes new ideas aren’t always successful, leading to instances of “time lost” in trying something new that doesn’t always pan out. Lean staff requires employees to often wear multiple hats, which is inherently difficult for individuals who are married to structure and do not react well to sudden change.

Advice to Management

More visibility to employees when it comes to 5-year strategic plan and 10-year company outlook. Need to build out a more effective sales/training function that focuses on the onboarding process of new employees.

"Good for someone who has never had a job or any office experience, otherwise a waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you've never worked in an office, had an internship, or didn't get much of an education, you'd fit right in. It's a fun environment with young people, but that's also a major con.

Cons

Because of the lack of management, so much relies on people under 30 who have no management skills and don't know how to effectively execute work or communicate. The best learning environment for a young professional is to have a mix of staff, with older, more experienced staff leading the way.

They're so desperate for new staff because of turnover that they shell out tons of $$$ on recruiting forms.

Advice to Management

Do your job - manage. Get a decent CEO and active Board of Directors.