Hanover Research - Great starter job, with opportunities for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hanover Research

"Great starter job, with opportunities for growth"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility with work schedules, and my colleagues are intelligent, kind, and fun. The workload is typically quite varied, so it's a chance to learn about different research/writing styles and about a lot of different subjects.

Cons

Upper management can be a little naive when it comes to understanding the researcher's perspective, so it requires initiative on the employee's part to talk about one's needs, wants, and desires related to any aspect of work. The receptivity of upper management varies greatly across Content, HR, and C-suite level positions. Tread with care.

Advice to Management

Listen to the researchers. They're where innovation will come from - they want to help, but they're not heard. If you let this go too long, it will create an unbreakable culture of sulking and dissatisfaction.

Other Employee Reviews for Hanover Research

1. "bin man"

Former Employee - Bin Man in Lincoln, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Bin Man in Lincoln, England (UK)

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money get to finis early and the pay is good and i like my job it is good

Cons

smells really bad all the time i think my nose might be broken and i also have to wash my clothes twice a week

Advice to Management

pay me more and i would also like more holidays in Jamaica and maybe a company car

"Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

Hanover is a fantastic company to be employed by. Completely dedicated to fast growth, there is always something going on - very conducive to personal growth inside the company. New positions are created all the time, yielding a great opportunity for internal promotion. The atmosphere is upbeat, energetic and fun, yet simultaneously laser focused on results and success. For young people looking to kick start a career, all while developing valuable business experience, this is an ideal place to work.

Cons

Their K Street Office overlooks the food trucks parked around Farragut Park, and sometimes that makes it extremely hard to concentrate around lunch time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be proactive about improving. While significant strides have been made, complacency is no one's friend.