Hanson's - Good as a company, bad to sell for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hanson's

"Good as a company, bad to sell for"

Former Employee - In Home Sales Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - In Home Sales Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

I am convinced they use the absolute best products they possibly can and install them in the most professional way possible. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to them, and the training is good. They give you all the product samples you will ever need and even a laptop if you need one. You will never meet anyone who is more involved in the operations of his own company than Mr. Brian Elias. They are ALWAYS hiring. If you have run your own business or are really good at sales you can make 6 figures per year.

Cons

Oh how I was lied to and treated like crap. Yes I do believe it is possible to make good money as a sales rep but man you really have to kiss ass and have seniority to get the best leads and respect from your manager. Most new sales reps last less than three months. I lost A LOT of money by using my own car, and my paying for my own gas, to run appointments. Running appointments in pairs helps close sales, but it cuts your commissions in half. If you are not closing sales at a rate that your manager deems good enough, you will have to go to "closing camp" on your day off at corporate HQ to learn how to close sales better. What a joke and waste of time.

Advice to Management

Training is good, products are top notch, but the way employees are treated needs to be looked at. I don't know if you think high turnover is a problem, though.

Other Employee Reviews for Hanson's

"This company is a revolving door people are always leaving voluntarily because they screw you on your commsissions."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lansing, MI

Pros

Great products with good energy savings for a fast return on your investment.

Cons

100% Commission with no perks or benefits. Your are a 1099 self-employed working for Hansons required to attend morning meetings everyday without pay. . You will spin your wheels & rag out your vehicle and not make any money. They are always finding reasons to reduce your commissions on deals that you write & screw the sales people. That is why it is a revolving door at Hanson's. I am at the top of the sales report & still broke. Why is that? When it cost me money to go to work I am out of their soon!!!!

Advice to Management

Has Brian Elias the owner of the company forgotten that the sales people put him on the map. The Sale Reps were the key to his business success and now you keep reducing & screwing your sales people. The good Sales Reps leave your company who make you money & the average ones stay. The Elite Sales Reps move on to get paid what they are worth. Dont be fooled with the promises about how much money you will make at Hanson's they lie & paint big pictures to lure you in. You will die broke working for them. They have nothing to Offer their people absolutely ZERO. You will bring your Auto, Gas, Time & work long hours. Everybody in our Sales Meetings is starving to put gas in their cars for their next appointment. You could be #1 Sales person & still broke. Figure that one out? He 1099 Everyone so you are Self-Employed with Hanson's so NO Perks of Benefits.

2. "Non judgmental and excepting of me for me!"

Current Employee - Project Management Analyst
    Current Employee - Project Management Analyst

I have been working at Hanson's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, like a giant family

Cons

Have to have thick skin sometimes dealing with customers

Advice to Management

Managers needs to step up more instead of pushing issues onto the next person.