Harbor Freight Tools - Harbor Freight Tools | Glassdoor

"Harbor Freight Tools"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work schedule, flexible hours if you are an exempt employee, decent benefits package and paid time off. Company is growing, room for growth at the store level.

Cons

Plenty of turnover in upper management/executive level at the corporate office. HR department needs a solid leader that understands what the employees need in order to be successful. Lack of recognition to corporate employees that actually do their work instead of "brown-nosing" to their boss.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers that know how to get the best out of their employees. There are plenty of employees that skate by doing less than average work while high performing employees are not recognized.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"I would never go back"

Current Employee - Cashier in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and store level management are nice, possibility for improving hourly pay with spiffs, flexible scheduling, PTO

Cons

Understaffed, pitiful pay, warranty company is getting worse and worse, mail card procedure is ridiculous. As a cashier I had to ask so many questions (or risk being written up) that I was standing there talking long after I'd finished ringing up items. If they just invested in radio or TV ads instead of relying on mailing advertisements from the time the company was founded (I think it's time to grow...) they'd pull in so many more customers and make it easier on the peons like me. Easily one of the biggest wastes of paper I have ever seen -- nowhere near being remotely green. Inside Track Club membership is completely bogus, if you receive a Sunday paper you'll get coupons better than the ones you have to pay for. That brings me to another thing.. THE COUPONS.

2. "it was ok"

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

salary a lil bit higher than mininum, nice coworkers

Cons

working on the weekends and holidays