KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work at, if you're willing to learn.

Jul 18, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO (Paid time off you can cash into your next paycheck), great insurance (when you reach full-time or Senior) a great place to get a workout (if you're trying to get in shape *Safely!*). -You will meet all sorts of people from different backgrounds and perspectives with different methods and ways of learning -Every day is a different challenge, whether it's a POG (Plan-o-gram change, or a FFR AKA truck day) -Tools, tools and more tools you can possible make use of at a 20% discount! -Currently working with a reasonably solid leadership team (some are relatively new, but that's where the seniors come in and help keep them up to speed) -Great potential in earnings if you're willing to deal with impatient customers and strive to hit goals. -A great job for college students and part-timers who can handle themselves well.

Cons

While this may sound slightly off-key, some places are effected by demographics. Meaning you won't get the best of the best, but you can't expect anyone to be good at their job on their first day, good work ethic is made, not genetic. If one associate is having a difficult time, a good way to show that the job is of any benefit is to show them how to make it easier and lead by example. Honesty is one thing some people are afraid of when the topic is about management, the direct report for an associate to a Leader must be made much more clear, and concise to determine whether the LOD is being optimal and diplomatic with the team based on work load and scheduling. Which recently the new time-clock has proven to be a lot more strict, but the reasoning behind it is that people should arrive on time as scheduled. The Kronos App was developed to insure that you had the schedule at your disposal and yes it must be checked daily based on varying budgets, and other variables that may effect the schedule. The true con is the inflexibility of the individuals who are unable to adapt to the growing environment. It is unfortunate to watch good people go, and work with the incorrigible that draw negativity because of their own disposition, but to counteract that is to stay positive and lead by example. Again the true con is mentioning a problem, but not producing a solution.

Continue reading

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us. We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your suggestions and ideas. Please know that we will consider your feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. We appreciate all of your continued hard work in Wilmington and look forward to watching you grow with the team!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great staff, amazing selection.

May 16, 2022 - Part Time Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, knowledgeable managers and supvs, helpful to everyone, know where stuff is, willing to check if floor location empty. Tools that last forever, many w/ lifetime warranty.

Cons

Easy return with extended warranties. Great deal!

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Back breaking work

May 5, 2022 - Senior Logistics Associate in Clovis, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll leave feeling accomplished at all the hard work you've put in for the day and the fact that you've been awake since 3am to get to that 4am shift.

Cons

Getting up that early is a big downside along with the harsh workload and understaffing of high volume stores. They have very inefficient operating procedures that make it miserable for workers in the high volume stores. At my store the tiny warehouse is absolutely impossible to keep clean and organized as we cannot fit the massive inventory taken in weekly. The operating procedures get in the way of the fact we can't find most items in the immense clutter, let alone have space to walk or roll ladders through.

Continue reading

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team. As an organization, we are built on a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement. We want you to know that we regularly monitor Associate feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to grow. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners if you have any concerns to share. Thank you for your continued hard work in Clovis, CA and we look forward to seeing you grow!

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.

Harbor Freight Tools Photos