KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment, lots of opportunities to make money, but objectively unfair policies.

Aug 9, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Marion, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you put in hard work, it's recognized by your store. My store manager was a fantastic boss, with a great work ethic and constantly pushed others to do put forth their best performance. Staff where I was at was always extremely friendly, had a good sense of humor, and was very effective in doing their jobs. Commissions are a great way to earn a lot of extra money, whether part time or full time associate. Benefits and paid time off are available for part time and full time positions alike.

Cons

Several of their policies, namely attendance and cash, have a "strikeout" format. If you are more than 6 minutes late or more than $5 under or over, you are flagged for the next six months. They do not communicate with you or with anyone at your store directly until your last "strike" and will automatically fire you if it happens again, even at the expense of your store, ignoring whether or not your managers plead otherwise.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we greatly value all of our associates and all of your hard work. Our policies and procedures are always designed with associates in mind, but we appreciate your feedback. We regularly monitor and collect suggestions and feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thanks again for sharing, and we wish you the best in your future career!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty chill

Jan 10, 2022 - Retail/Sales Supervisor in Arcata, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the staff was was fun to work with pay was decent.

Cons

Stupid customers constantly not understand that coupons don’t exist anymore

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We depend on all our Associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. We strive to build the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. As we look for ways to make everything we do better for our customers, we now provide digital offers via email, our website and social media platforms. Thank you for your hard work in Arcata, CA and we wish you the best in your career journey!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s great

Jan 10, 2022 - Logistics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great people, customers are easy to work with

Cons

Your schedule days a week are inconsistent

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! At Harbor Freight, we believe in providing respectful schedules for our Associates and we highly encourage you to reach out to your Store Managers if you have any concerns to discuss. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.