Harbor Freight Tools - Cashier, jack of all trades, janitor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Cashier, jack of all trades, janitor"

Former Employee - Cashier in Longview, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Longview, TX

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

as long as you can get ITC's and ESP's your paycheck can either be very good, or very bad.

Cons

parking lot sales are literally hell on earth. It will make you or break you.

Advice to Management

Managers and assistant/store manager were great people to work with, district management needs to breathe before they get a hernia. Quit moving things every week, it confuses the already overworked cashiers, and the customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Highly competitive work environment- Rapidly changing work environment with chance to impact change- Great people- Strong Leaders- Good Pay- Great Bonus- The future with this company is bright and this has been one of the most rewarding jobs i have ever had. Although pressure can be high the reward is even higher. Talent pool continuing to improve and company structure has shown stability over last 24 months. Compassionate and caring CEO! Great place to work!

Cons

Work Life Balance- Amount of work can get overwhelming at times- Improving rapidly!

Advice to Management

Stick to our core priorities and sustain before moving to the next project. A lot of things at once causes confusion and lack of execution

2. "Great business model with amazing growth and career opportunities."

Current Employee - District Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides a variety of products at incredible low prices - customer absolutely love shopping at HFT - smiling / happy to be in our stores. The leadership team is focused on keeping the stores staffed with friendly associates, stocked and priced right for the customers. HFT is experiencing tremendous growth due to the successful business model which translates in career growth opportunities. This is a great place to be for those with high standards and results driven.

Cons

The on-boarding process and training is in the early stages of development - lot's of learning on the job.

Advice to Management

It's incredible to work for an organization where both employees and customers love their stores. As we continue to grow... it is important that we invest on our teams' development for both their career growth and our staffing needs.