KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Place to Work

Jul 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many reasons why I love Harbor Freight. The culture is strong, the company is committed to continuously improving, the benefits are amazing, and I truly feel like I'm making an impact with my work. The people at HFT are some of the best people you'll meet. Everyone is really friendly and genuine. There are so many great projects and initiatives that Harbor Freight consistently works on to strengthen the culture, offer a better work/life balance, and be moving in the right direction to becoming a great place to work. Choosing this company was the best decision I ever made, and I see myself here long-term.

Cons

I don't think this is a con specific to Harbor Freight, as you'll encounter different types of people in any company that have certain personalities that don't always fit with the culture. Most of the time, it's about understanding how to better collaborate with these types of people. Overall, I really love Harbor Freight.

Continue reading

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates! We pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work/life balance for all of our associates. We’re glad to have you on the team and appreciate your continued hard work in Calabasas, CA!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hft

Jan 21, 2022 - Logistics Supervisor in Carson, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth. Gain experience with logistics and sales.

Cons

Removed commission for Sales and logistics associates.

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We take pride in our People First culture, and we are committed to providing advancement opportunities and competitive compensation for our hardworking Associates. Our goal is to build the best place to work by listening to our Associates and improving every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your continued hard work in Carson, CA and we’re glad to have you on the team!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Cool staff but the consumer base is horrible

Jan 25, 2022 - Sales Associate in Barberton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with. The supervisors are chill and understanding. We just got a new manager and he's not great, but the supervisors have stepped up to do his job instead. I love my work mom, she's helped me through a lot. I'm going to miss them when I leave.

Cons

The job is extremely busy. Expect to do several people's worth of work. Harbor Freight is the dollar store of hardware stores. The customers that it attracts are what you'd expect: primarily old white men. They are the worst part of the job. Most of our sales associates are female, so expect to be sexually harassed for the better part of your shift. Smile and nod, ladies. Smile and nod.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.