KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a Career

Dec 13, 2020 - Logistics Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance 401k Pto (when you can use it) Coworkers

Cons

Lack of Technology No store pick up/ship to store Too many coupon exclusions Scheduling Stockrooms are too small for product size Most stores do not have a dock Communication from the top Processes need to be improved Expect part time people to have full time availability Sick time policy 0 work life balance if you carry keys you’ll live there High turnover Pressure to make sales and other goals

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work and that means learning every step of the way. We believe in putting people first and creating a work/life balance for all our associates. In terms of scheduling, we give our associates visibility to their schedules 2 weeks ahead of time. If our associates have any concerns in regards to their schedule, we encourage them to speak with their manager. As an organization, we continuously invest in and build our technology, ecommerce, inventory, and merchandising which is why we greatly appreciate the feedback we receive from all our customers as well as associates. If you would like to further discuss your concerns with us, please email us at culture@harborfreight.com. Thank you for your time at Harbor Freight. We wish you the best in your career journey!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty chill

Jan 10, 2022 - Retail/Sales Supervisor in Arcata, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the staff was was fun to work with pay was decent.

Cons

Stupid customers constantly not understand that coupons don’t exist anymore

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We depend on all our Associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. We strive to build the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. As we look for ways to make everything we do better for our customers, we now provide digital offers via email, our website and social media platforms. Thank you for your hard work in Arcata, CA and we wish you the best in your career journey!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty Good

Jan 11, 2022 - Sales Floor Associate in Queen Creek, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Management at the Queen Creek store are Top Tier and are some of the nicest people on the planet, even the ones I didn't quite see eye to eye with. Hours where quite flexible and it payed well for a retail job.

Cons

I would have to ask every person checking out if they wanted to purchase a membership when that person clearly wouldn't need one. If I was caught not asking my manager would get upset with me even though many of the customers who are shopping here only did about twice a year. Also people tend to not give their 2 weeks and I'd often be left to cover their shifts.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Here at Harbor Freight, we take pride in our People First culture and we value leaders who can help and mentor others to grow and succeed. We are continuously working to improve and develop by listening to our Associates. We highly encourage our Associates to reach out to their Store Managers if they have any concerns. Thank you for your hard work in Queen, Creek, AZ and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.