Harbor Freight Tools - Harbor freight is a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Harbor freight is a great place to work."

Pros

Great place to work. The product is decent, and the store is run well. The training is up to date and helpful unlike other jobs I have held.

Cons

Not enough staffing at times. It get extremely busy at our store which creates tension wit the employees and the customers. Need to have more people on the floor and at the registers. Not enough pay for the job that is being done, but the environment helps to offset that a little.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the metrics and allow the employees to get comfortable with a selling style before asking them to change their presentation. You need to learn to crawl before you can walk.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. "Big work, small pay"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lavale, MD
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lavale, MD

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, employee discount for you plus 8, paid time off, and sick days.

Cons

Work with less than intelligent little kids that know nothing about the products that we sell. Management does nothing and makes all the money.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring potheads and teenagers. Fire them and give the hours to your hard-working adults. Enough said.

2. "Erratic, disorganized, poor customer service due to understaffed frustrated employees both on the phone and on the floor"

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my coworkers and our customers...........I have never had so little to point out as a pro unless you are in the position where rent isn't an actual bill.

Cons

Hmmmmmmmmmm........Nationwide I think almost every current and previous employees warn of the unpleasantries that are too long to list! though the worst of all the cons is even though I currently work and continue to be unappreciated for fill ins last minute, ILLEGAL work ethics with a maximum 30 minute lunch that comes out of my $8/hr pay.

Advice to Management

Start at the top..........and lose the reputation you are building for your employess, your customers, and your own personal financial gains.....