Harbor Freight Tools - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations Store Manager in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Operations Store Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing and expanding, currently trying to grow training culture in store level. Great career opportunities for those who like performance based company

Cons

Training at the store level needs to have more support from upper management in regards of making it a focus in districts instead of making sure to hit the numbers on training percent more focus on follow up on the training.

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 12, 2014 – HR Liason

We’re excited about the growth at Harbor Freight Tools, too!, We also appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. I'll pass your feedback along. Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. "Blessed"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with HFT as a Corporate Recruiter, worked with an amazing team!! Collaborating with Executives, Hiring Managers, overall assisting with the addition of new hires/ high-achievers. Everyday building professional relationships and now in a new role within the HR Department. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity and enjoy being a part of the Harbor Freight Family.

Cons

I say, its all on how ambitious you are! Opportunity is here NO question.

Advice to Management

Thank you for sharing what you all truly believe in, thats our Core Principles! We all live by them and it shows.

"Harbor Freight Tools"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are typical for Full Time Retail work. The pay is in line with similar positions, but the bonuses are extremely good and can be 50% of salary. It is easy to recruit top notch people to work for the Company as salaries are better than the norm for Store Managers and Assistant Managers and the work week is manageable. Assistant Managers work 40 hours and Store Managers work 49.

Cons

The work / life balance for District Managers is extremely poor. On top of 75% travel, you are scheduled to work one six day work week every month in addition to working a seven day work week every other month during the parking lot sales. This isn't shared with you during the recruiting process and I only found out after beginning work here. The work load is extremely heavy and there is minimal support for a new person cleaning up "broken stores", but the expectation is that you fix them very quickly. The corporate people constantly threaten to "hold you accountable" while there are several departments at the corporate office that make your job impossible.

Advice to Management

Slow down the growth of the Company until the infrastructure is sufficient to sustain.