Harbor Freight Tools - Nightmare | Glassdoor

"Nightmare"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a pay check with benefits if you are a manager. The potential for growth and success exists. But current management is clueless.

Cons

The worst retail operation I have experienced in 30+ years of professional experience in the industry. Routinely asked to perform tasks for which little (but more often NO) training has been given.

Advice to Management

Train your managers how to properly train their employees. Cleanliness standards do not exist. Operational policies routinely ignored.

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 12, 2014 – HR Liason

We appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share specific information, please feel free to reach out to your HR manager or anonymously call our HFT Outlet Hotline ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, fun work environment, always fun things to see

Cons

Not able to really move up in the company

Advice to Management

Nothing

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 12, 2014 – HR Liason

We’re happy to hear that you found Harbor Freight Tools to be a fun and friendly work environment. There are many growth opportunities within the company, and I'd encourage you to explore the careers ... More

"Poor Business Model and No Clear Direction"

Current Employee - Retail Associate, Cashier in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Retail Associate, Cashier in Casper, WY

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on Management situation it can be a great place to work. The employees all know each other and feel like family.

Cons

They lack in many aspects of their business model. The Corporate leaders are obsessed with selling Inside Track Club Memberships which has a lot of flaws such as the purchasers inability to receive the flyers they signed up to receive. They also Obsess over selling their Extended Service Plans which aren't worth the money for certain products. These are the only things the company seems to care about. They have certain stores in districts and the Districts are run by District Managers. There are Some District Managers that are just cold and heartless towards their store managers and the Employees.

Advice to Management

Change up your business practices. I remember the days when Extended Service Plans would change with the sale price of the product not be set at a certain price and for certain products that cost the exact same price as a brand new product.