Harbor Freight Tools - Collaborative Team | Glassdoor

"Collaborative Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy being a part of the HFT team for many reasons. The company has grown so much and in its evolution, I feel our leadership team really works with all levels of the organization before making any drastic changes. I feel my opinions are valued. I can honestly say that the owner of the company as well as our senior most leaders truly care about its employees, are appreciative of all our work and genuinely exercise our core principles.

Cons

Meetings can often times go off track, run late, start late or get cancelled. Lots of work with a lean staff. However, it is refreshing to see how teams pull together and accomplish great things.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to bring back the employee engagement survey. I feel it is important to allow all employees to voice thier thoughts, concerns and ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. ""The grass has been greener on this side!""

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A lot of room for advancement and the company supports growth as long as you execute the company plan. The customer base is amazing and the most loyal customers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The company structure is a pay for performance environment and if you execute the company plan and follow the rules the reward is very nice.

Cons

Distribute more payroll for training purposes. .

2. "Fantastic company with huge growth rate!"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time

Pros

Huge potential for advancement if you're great at execution and willing to work hard. Customers are extremely loyal and simply expect us to be in-stock, priced right and have helpful associates. Harbor Freight Tools works very hard to live up to its mantra of selling "Quality Tools at Ridiculously Low Prices". The culture is fun and easy yet fast paced. If your a hustler and you care about customers, you'll do well here.

Cons

Systems, infrastructure and even Standard Operating Procedures are still in early stages of development and bolstering appropriately to support the explosive growth appears to be a challenge. Associate turnover is somewhat high due to the high mix of part time associates and fluctuation of hours available for them.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our facilities and focus on training and development of our associates.